Ear piercing is a practice of using a needle or needle gun to make holes through the ear lobe or other parts of the ear so that jewelry can be worn. Ear piercing can result in infection.
Preparing for the piercing
- Decide where you want the piercing. Although the lobe and cartilage are the most popular choices, there are many piercing options around the ear. Some of the more uncommon placements include tragus, orbital, daith, and conch.
- Eat or drink something before you go. Make sure your blood sugar is at a healthy level, especially if you are feeling nervous. Having some snacks will help to keep your blood sugar up include cookies, crackers, and juice.
- Ask a friend to come with you. If this is your first piercing experience, having a friend along with you can help ease any anxiety and make it a fun experience, rather than a scary one.
Using a professional establishment
- Decide whether you want to use the piercing gun method or not. It’s important to consider which piercing technique you are most comfortable with. Piercing guns, push the earing straight through the skin.
- Consider the benefits of the hollow needle method. Tattoo shops and professional piercing studios use the hollow needle method, which creates a clean hole instead of forcing the earing through the skin.
- Make sure that the piercer is experienced. A good piercer will have ample experience. If you are not confident that they are prepared and experienced enough, it may be worth finding a different piercer.
- Be careful about choosing a hyper-allergenic material, particularly if you have any metal allergies. Look for earrings free of nickel and cobalt, as these materials commonly cause allergic reactions.
The safest materials are surgical stainless steel, platinum, titanium, gold, silver
Caring for your ear piercings
- Leave your earrings in for the recommended length of time
- Avoid wearing long, dangly earrings for approximately six months after the piercing
- Clean your piercings daily
- Avoid touching your piercings
- Treat any infections immediately with a saltwater solution
Please to meet the ENT specialist in our center for any kind of problem