Everyone has several different types of teeth. Each type has a unique name and a different purpose. The teeth in the front of your mouth, and the easiest to see, are called incisors. There are four incisors on the top and four on the bottom. Incisors are shaped like tiny chisels with flat ends that are sharp.Doctors at Dr Sunny Medical Centre are the experienced doctors and are the Best Dentist in Bellandur.
Dentist in Bellandur.
These teeth are used for cutting and chopping food. They are the first teeth to chew most food we eat. The pointed teeth on either side of your incisors are called canine teeth. People have a total of four canine teeth, two on top and two on the bottom. Because they are pointed and sharp, they are used to tear food. Next to your canine teeth are the premolars.
You have eight premolars in all, four on top and four on the bottom. They have a completely different shape than both the incisors and canines. That is because premolars are bigger, stronger, and have ridges – all of which makes them perfect for crushing and grinding food. Finally, there are your molars. You have eight of these, four on the top and four on the bottom.
Molars are the toughest of the teeth. They are wider and stronger than premolars, and they have more ridges. Molars work closely with your tongue to help you swallow food. The tongue sweeps chewed food to the back of your mouth, where the molars grind it until it is mashed up and ready to be swallowed. By age twenty, four more molars grow in the back of the mouth, one in each corner.
These are called the wisdom teeth. People do not need wisdom teeth now, but many years ago these teeth were necessary to help people chew tough plants, which were an important part of the human diet. How, many people get their wisdom teeth pulled by a dentist, a doctor who takes care of teeth, to keep them from crowding their other teeth.
Tips which makes your teeth to stay clean and healthy. These are the tips suggested by the Doctors from the Dr Sunny Medical Centre – Best Dentist in Bellandur.
- Angle the bristles next to the outer surface of your teeth toward the gum line.
- Gently move the brush in a circular motion.
- Gently scrub all the outer surfaces of the upper and lower teeth, making sure to reach the back teeth.
- Using the same circular motion, brush the inside surfaces of all your teeth.
- Scrub the chewing surfaces, especially the grooves that may collect food particles in your back teeth.
- Use the tip of the toothbrush in a circular motion to clean the front teeth.
- Finally, gently brush your tongue to make your entire mouth feel clean and to freshen your breath.
For any doubts related to the pain and disorders in the teeth contact Dr Sunny Medical Centre – Best Dentist in Bellandur.