The General Surgery Clinic evaluates and manages patients with diseases which potentially require surgical intervention. Diseases such as abdominal wall hernias, symptomatic gallstones, tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands and intra-abdominal tumors. Our surgeons are trained to diagnose and provide the most appropriate line of management. Dr Sunny Medical Centre is known for its General Surgery in Bellandur and Kasavanahalli.
General Surgery in Bellandur.
General surgery is a discipline that requires knowledge of and responsibility for the preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patients with a broad spectrum of diseases, including those which may require nonoperative, elective, or emergency surgical treatment. The breadth and depth of this knowledge may vary by disease category. Surgical management requires skill in complex decision making; general surgeons should be competent in diagnosis as well as treatment and management, including operative intervention.
General surgery encompasses a broad range of surgery which includes:
- surgical conditions of the gastrointestinal tract from the esophagus to the anus
- breast conditions
- kidney, pancreas and liver transplantation
- trauma to the abdomen and thorax
- certain skin conditions
- initial assessment of patients with peripheral vascular disease
- general surgery of childhood
- elective surgery is also an important part of the work.